Sunday, January 6, 2019

#3 - Comcast Reneges

After Nancy and I discussed our options, we decided to go with the Comcast's offer to lock us in to their X1 Starter Triple Play package at the same promotional price we had been paying in November. (See Post #1 for details.)

Our rationale was that some of the "Cons" with available streaming services might be fixed in the next year, and we would avoid that unknown risks that come with cutting the cord.

I called Comcast, and I was frankly shocked when that they refused to honor the prices they had offered me less than 24 hours earlier. I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with them (mostly on hold), talking to three different agents, and they all told me that what had been offered yesterday was not possible.

They offered me several other options, all more expensive than what they had offered the day before. At the end of the call, I declined all of these lesser offers and told them they had lost a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment